Supper in a Pumpkin
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut opening in stem end of pumpkin. Reserve top piece.
- Remove and discard seeds and pulp.
- In skillet, brown beef and onions.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, mushrooms, and soup to skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice to skillet.
- Spoon entire mixture into pumpkin.
- Place top back on pumpkin.
- Place filled pumpkin on baking sheet and put in oven.
- Bake for 1.5 to 2 hours or until pumpkin is tender and filling is hot throughout.
- To serve, spoon out some filling and cooked pumpkin into bowl.